- CloudWatch’s Free Tier metric update frequency is
- In the Detailed monitoring data available for your EBS volumes, provisioned IOPS volumes automatically send
1 minutemetrics to CloudWatch.
- ec2-revoke RevokeSecurityGroupIngress means
remove one or more rules from a security group. The value you specify in the revoke request must be existing rule’s value for the rule to be removed.
- ec2-create-group CreateSecurityGroup means
create a security group for use with your account.
NOTE: user have a limit on the number of security group one can create.
3. To go to EBS in EC2 console, click
Volumes in EC2 console.
4. All EC2 instances are assigned two IP addresses at launch, you can use
Private IPv4 addresses for communication between instances in the same network (EC2-Classic or VPC)
5. To view all categories of instance metadata from within a running instance, use the url
- To change security group membership for interfaces owned by other services,
use the console or command line interface for that service
- An IAM group is a collection of users. You can use groups to specify permissions for a collection of users, which can make those permissions eaiser to manage for those users.
- While launching an RDS DB instance, on
DB Instance Detailpage one can select the Available Zone.
- When you provision a Multi-AZ DB instance, RDS automatically creates a primary db instance and synchronously replicates the data to a standby db instance in a
different Availability Zone.
- S3 stands for
Simple Storage Service
- Reduced Redundancy option in S3 is
less redundancy for a lower cost
Using VirtualBox on Windows 10 is a little bit different with other os. The first time when loading a virtual box image into VirtualBox, you may meet the
VT-X is not enabled error.
To solve this, there are two steps you need to do.
Step 1: Turn off Hyper-V Platform in Windows Feature
Step 2: Open a command prompt as Administrator and run the following command
dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V
Step 3: Restart your workstation
This may take several minutes to let Windows complete all undernerth setting.
Step 4: Relaunch VirtualBox and start the virtual image
- Introduction to AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Examination time is around
- Examination score is between 100-1000, and the minimum passing score is
1.1 Define the AWS Cloud and it’s value proposition
1.2 Identify aspects of AWS Cloud economics
1.3 List the different cloud architecture design principles
2.1 Define the AWS Cloud shared responsibility model
2.2 Define AWS Cloud security and compliance concepts
2.3 Identify AWS access management capabilities
2.4 Identify resources for security support
3.1 Define method of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
3.2 Define the AWS global infrastructure
3.3 Identify the core AWS services
3.4 Identify resources for technology support
4.1 Compare and contrast the various pricing models for AWS
4.2 Recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing
4.3 identify resources available for billing support