1 - Ice Breaker
- Recognise the elements of a basic speech structure.
- Balance presentation and spontaneity when delivering your speech.
- Demonstrate self-confidence when speaking in front of an audience.
- Acknowledge the value of peer feedback.
- Develop the skills needed to accept feedback graciously.
- Identify feedback to apply to subsequent speeches.
1.2 Organise Your Speech
- Interesting Topic
1.3 After Your Speech
- Listen carefully to the evaluator
- Look directly at the evaluator as they give their evaluation.
- Suspend all judgement or reaction to what you hear.
- Carefully consider each comment and suggestion for improvement.
- Take time after meeting with your evaluator to evaluate your efforts yourself.
2 - Writing a Speech with Purpose
2.1 Organise Your Speech
- Organisational Structure
- Problem / Solution
- Particular / General / Particular