- CloudWatch’s Free Tier metric update frequency is
- In the Detailed monitoring data available for your EBS volumes, provisioned IOPS volumes automatically send
1 minutemetrics to CloudWatch.
- ec2-revoke RevokeSecurityGroupIngress means
remove one or more rules from a security group. The value you specify in the revoke request must be existing rule’s value for the rule to be removed.
- ec2-create-group CreateSecurityGroup means
create a security group for use with your account.
NOTE: user have a limit on the number of security group one can create.
3. To go to EBS in EC2 console, click
Volumes in EC2 console.
4. All EC2 instances are assigned two IP addresses at launch, you can use
Private IPv4 addresses for communication between instances in the same network (EC2-Classic or VPC)
5. To view all categories of instance metadata from within a running instance, use the url
- To change security group membership for interfaces owned by other services,
use the console or command line interface for that service
- An IAM group is a collection of users. You can use groups to specify permissions for a collection of users, which can make those permissions eaiser to manage for those users.
- While launching an RDS DB instance, on
DB Instance Detailpage one can select the Available Zone.
- When you provision a Multi-AZ DB instance, RDS automatically creates a primary db instance and synchronously replicates the data to a standby db instance in a
different Availability Zone.
- S3 stands for
Simple Storage Service
- Reduced Redundancy option in S3 is
less redundancy for a lower cost