In order to get information from an existing EMR cluster, we can use
The command will then return a system object in Amazon.ElasticMapReduce.Model.Cluster type.
Cluster object provides the following attributes that maybe useful
- MasterPublicDnsName. The DNS name of the master node.
- NormalizedInstanceHours. An approximation of the cost of the cluster.
- ReleaseLabel. The release label of Amazon EMR.
- Status. The current status details about the cluster.
There is another function to extract the EMR Instance Group information, and that is
This function will return a
object. We can then use the results to extract information like
RunningInstanceCount for diffferent Instance Group.
The followings are some attributes we may use
- BidPrice. The maximum Spot price you are willing to pay for EC2 instances.
- InstanceGroupType. The type of the instance group. Validate values are
- InstanceType. The EC2 instance type for all instances in the instance group.
- RunningInstanceCount. The number of the instances currently running in this instance group
- Status. The current status of the instance group.
For example, if we want to know the instance type and running instance counts for CORE Node instance group, we can use
You will see there are three values in the results section, and the order is
MASTER. So for our example of getting the instance type and running instance counts for CORE Node instance group, we should use