- There are not many valuable gifts so no need to go early
- Sponsor’s keynote are all like product promoting session
- Do check the speaker’s background before choosing any session
- If you just want to know technical information, try to avoid product people’s talk
- No need for laptop or notebook, smart phones can handle everything
- If you want to get more gifts, you need to talk with more sponsors
- If you find the keynote is boring, don’t waste your time
Modern Data Architecture on AWS / SQL Strikes Back! Options for Large Scale SQL Analytics by AWS
Amazon Redshift Spectrum
Developing your IoT Solutions by Intel
Harnessing Artificial Intelligence in our Applications by AWS
Migrating on Premise Databases to Cloud by AWS
Amazon Database Migration Tool
Amazon Schema Convention Tool
BINGO! Enterprise Class Solutions for Managing your Data on AWS by NetApp
Voice-enabling Your Homes and Devices with Amazon Alexa and AWS IoT by AWS
Keyword: AWS & Revera
When the host re-amplify the news - NZ Government signs cloud framework agreement with AWS this morning, my colleague said Revera is dead immediately.
It’s quite obviously that next few months the Cloud Infrastructure vendor market will have significant changes, especially the first signal was released by the New Zealand government.
That will definitely affect all other public sectors and companies to re-think and re-architect their on-going and future cloud architecture.
As a key part of Big Data area, I do like to see there are more and more competitive players coming into the picture. Only a free market with lots of competition can incubate good services.
Keyword: Enterprise IT
Enterprise IT do make lots of noise this year.
EIT have a very good marketing strategy. Not matter the co-hosting of Doug Cutting’s New Zealand trip, or sponsoring this 2017 AWS Summit Auckland as Platinum Sponsor, EIT do let the technical market hear their name.
EIT also have smart partnerships strategies. Not matter the partnership with AWS and Rackspace, or with Cloudera, those cooperation do help EIT with those US companies to erode the New Zealand market share. EIT provides AWS consulting as well as Rackspace consulting services in the cloud computing area. They also have a foot on the Big Data area by providing Cloudera CDH consulting services.
Even through they may not good at providing good consulting services in big data area, or maybe not, they still get other channels for their revenue. This summit totally overwrite my understanding of EIT.
Keyword: IoT, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence
Big Data really unleash lots of potentials in this era. With the computation capability of EC2 and storage capability of S3 as the industry foundation, IoT and AI is really hot and very good integrated with AWS environments. You can tell from the count of keynotes about those buzz words
- Accelerate IoT and Big Data with AWS by Enterprise IT
- Developing your IoT Solutions by Intel
- Harnessing Artificial Intelligence in our Applications by AWS
- Driving Business Outcomes with a Modern Data Architecture by AWS
- Migrating on Premise Databases to Cloud by AWS
- Voice-enabling Your Homes and Devices with Amazon Alexa and AWS IoT by AWS
- Building Your Data Lake on AWS by AWS
- Migrating your Data Centre to AWS by AWS
- SQL Strikes Back! Options for Large Scale SQL Analytics by AWS
All the above sessions are relevant with those topics.
Keyword: Node.js & Python
All the Amazon Lex and Amazon Polly live demos are written with Node.js and most of the devops live demos are with Python.
Node.js maybe integrate better with Amazon Lambda.